Kavikulaguru Kalidas Sanskrit University is committed to meet the Educational and cultural needs of the Society. The primary objectives of the University are to impart knowledge in various branches of Sanskrit as well as Indology, Indian Culture, Indian Languages, Indian Philosophy, Fine Arts, Foreign Languages and Social Science and to promote the study and research of Sanskrit through simultaneous promotion of other languages in India and abroad that have enriched the study of Sanskrit.
The Mission of the Kavikulaguru Kavikulaguru Kalidas Sanskrit University, Ramtek is to be a global and socially conscious Center of Excellence in the conservation, creation, advancement and dissemination of knowledge, equipped to take up challenges of the enormous change taking place all around and committed to empower its faculty and students to contribute meaningfully to social development and progress. We are dedicated to promote and foster a culture of high quality teaching, learning and research to serve the need of society by encouraging, generating and promoting excellence in research and extension activities.
In accordance with this Mission, the Kavikulaguru Kalidas Sanskrit University, Ramtek aims at :
- As per the need of today and tomorrow to establish synthesis between ancient Indian wisdom and modern scientific thought.
- To develop and promote a system of education which aims at refining human sensitivities and perceptions.
- To develop innovative methods of studies and experimentation.
- To encourage and promote innovation, research and discovery in all fields of Sanskrit learning.
- To develop University as a light-house to imbibe integrated vision of life.
- To create and develop facilities for the comparative studies.
- To provide facilities for research and advance studies in Pali, Prakrit and Ardhamagadhi in addition to Sanskrit.
- To increasing global linkages by attracting international students and establishing collaborative Programs with educational institutions of repute.
- To create technologically equipped thought and action leaders in a wide range of spheres by providing value based and quality education.
- To bring about conservation, creation, advancement and dissemination of knowledge.
- To take measures to collect, preserve and publish ancient manuscripts.
- To impart intensive, extensive and higher education in various branches of Sanskrit learning as well as in Indology, Indian Philosophy and Indian languages.
- To promote research in Sanskrit, Indology, Indian Philosophy and Indian languages.
- To Establish for the use of Sanskrit scholars and students a computerised data base of published works and ongoing research work in and on Sanskrit language and literature, Indology, and Indian Philosophy from all over the world.
- To provide facilities to promote and encourage studies Fine Arts such as Music, Dance, Drama and Painting according to the Indian traditions and culture.
- To take measures for the preservation of our cultural heritage, wisdom and values enshrined in Sanskrit language and in our ancient art and literature.